Some cream of the crop jobs for your Monday – and remember, there are thousands (literally thousands) more like these on our job finder… which you can find HERE
We like to think Arc is pretty awesome, it’s the kind of place where we build castles around people’s desk’s for birthdays, eat cake and Friday happy hours start at 5pm (ok..4.45pm). Located on the University of New South Wales Kensington campus, Arc is one of Australia’s biggest & best student organisations and is made up of a dynamic and energetic group of people focused on providing students and clients with the best experience possible. We work hard. We expect results (but we have fun doing it). We have a very diverse offering from legal services to Toga Parties and everything in between. With over 30,000 members, 30 volunteer programs, 350 Clubs and countless events and activities, the Studio Manager is one of the key cogs behind it all!
Our creative team is pretty special. We want someone who will lead, teach, inspire and help them grow into creative animals we know they are, someone who knows the value of a strong and cohesive team. We also want a scheduling guru! You will be responsible for the day to day running and flow of work through the studio including receiving the project brief, the scheduling and allocating creative and editorial resources to ensure the creative team has the right tools and information to deliver briefs on time and within budget.
- Manage, provide guidance and development opportunities for the design team
- Coordinate projects from estimation to completion including traffic management, scheduling and allocating creative team resources
- Create and manage detailed weekly schedules and reports across projects and provide recommendations regarding potential conflicts of scheduling and delivery
- Take and create design briefs from internal and external clients to enable the creative team to execute effectively
- Maintain client relationships by ensuring the delivery of high-quality services and solutions
- Follow and manage processes for collateral production, usage and distribution; where possible, look for improvements in workflow efficiency and recommend accordingly
- Ensure projects meet business objectives and are delivered on time and to budget
- Maintain productive relationships with key stakeholders and ensure their needs are met
- Manage expectations of key stakeholders as regards project timelines
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar position and or environment;
- Experience managing or working with creatives with a sound understanding of the creative process. Or with a passion for all things creative.
- Sound planning, project management and organisational skills with the ability to meet deadlines within short time frames and deliver projects within budget;
- A great eye for detail and the ability to prioritise and multi task;
- High level oral and written communication skills including proven skills in translating complex information into easily understood language and concepts;
- Understanding of pre-media, pre-press, print production, graphic design, production, processes, roles, tools, workflow practices and trends
- Experience and dealing with external suppliers, including designers and printers;
- Highly developed analytical, problem solving, consultation and negotiation skills;
- Experience in these programs area plus: Adobe Creative suite and excel.
Want to work for one of the fastest-growing, most innovative manufacturer-exporters in audio technology in the world today? Are you interested in using your expertise to challenge yourself and the industry, designing and building precision tools of creativity for a hungry world market?
RØDE Microphones is looking for passionate, talented and dedicated Purchasing Assistant to join our rapidly-growing team. Part of The Freedman Group, RØDE is a leading manufacturer of high-quality microphones and audio equipment, which can be found in studios, venues, on-location, and in the hands of creatives in every corner of the world.
Our campus is designed to create an atmosphere which reflects our love of cutting-edge technology, collaboration, and our deep connection to music, film and all things audio. Our production facilities are cutting-edge and are constantly expanding as we increase our capability with new manufacturing technologies and processes. RØDE’s investment in our in-house capability is aggressive, unmatched in the industry. Our plant boasts the finest technologies in metal engineering and production, Surface-Mount Technology electronics production, military grade finishing, plastic-injection mould manufacture, and a brand-new, best-practice toolmaking facility.
If you are interested in pursuing a unique opportunity to work with one of the most exciting, forward-thinking companies in Australia, inspiring millions of people around the world to realise their creative vision, apply today. We want you!
- Run and organise the monthly requisition order report
- Managing ECOs and stock codes in MRP system
- Organising dispatch and collection of samples
- Ensure that what has been ordered was delivered in terms of quality and quantity
- Working with our AP team to ensure all payments to suppliers are made on time
- Excellent communication skills with attention to detail
- Exceptional organisational skills and a process-orientated approach
- Strong computer literacy including knowledge of Microsoft Excel and MRP Systems (Syspro experience a plus)
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Bilingual – Fluent in English and Mandarin (will be a highly regarded)
Are you an aspiring DJ ready for a permanent gig? Are you a self-expressive TREND SETTER wanting to show off your street style? Can you read a crowd and INFLUENCE the vibe? If you answered yes, then we have the gig for you!
If you know your sneakers, you know us. Platypus Shoes proudly house some of the world’s most iconic footwear product. Brands such as Adidas, Nike, Lacoste, New Balance and Dr Martens (just to name a few) are what keep us at the Pinnacle of the Sneaker food chain. Embracing individuality is what we’re about and telling your story through your sneakers.
- Permanent casual contract with regular, set hours (Thursday – Sunday)
- Work amongst iconic product with a leading retailer
- Work collaboratively with fellow passionate and dedicated sneakerheads
- Provided equipment, ready for you to show off your skills
- Personal style to represent Platypus Shoes as a brand ambassador
- Up to date knowledge of the best urban hip hop beats to play
- A strong belief in delivering premium, genuine customer service
- A passionate attitude, eager to achieve a pumping store vibe
If you love Rock, Footy and you’re up for working with some legendary Radio desperates – Then this is your dream gig! You’ll be replacing the legendary Ugly Phil and working closely alongside Hideous Becko, Unsightly Moonman, Reprehensible Molloy, Displeasing Geyer and Alarming Angel.
SCA is a values driven organisation – If you genuinely live and breathe our values, you’ll be a perfect fit for SCA. We collaborate, take initiative, maximise creativity, have courage and act with integrity. Truth is, we just want a great Jock to take on the Sydney market but HR reckons the best candidate needs to ‘tick the boxes’ below…
- A distinctive on-air presence that naturally appeals to our listeners with a burning desire to be heard
- A genuine passion for music, you’ll know your Beatles from your Bowie
- Unique ideas about design, prepare and execute engaging content that engages a +35 audience across our social and digital assets
- Willingness to smile, nod and look vaguely interested when Gus Worland tells your stories about his mate Hugh Jackman
- The skills of a Studio wizard (you can panel a desk like Hendrix shreds a Stratocaster) with knowledge of Zetta highly desirable
- A sound knowledge and understanding of CRA’s Codes of Practice and Broadcasting Standards
- An interest in delicious cuisines, available downstairs in Worldsquare (Haymarket)
- An interest in popular culture, social media, current affairs and local events; with a passion for taking content to the next level, both on air and online
- Above all, you will have a great attitude & an eagerness to learn from their peers and some of the best radio minds in the business
The ABC is the nation’s most trusted and independent source of Australian conversations, culture, and stories. With over 4,000 employees from diverse backgrounds across over 50 locations around Australia and overseas, the ABC is proud to create, curate and deliver high-quality content that informs, educates and entertains.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to join the ABC Entertainment & Specialist and provide general production administrative support to the day to day running of our vibrant Rage program, the ABC’s iconic music show. You will be the point of contact for the program team, handle enquires and correspondence from internal and external clients/talent and public.
Reporting to the Production Manager, you will:
- Provide support to the Entertainment and Events teams programs.
- Maintain the “On Air” system for the Rage Program.
- Manage the social media for the Rage Program and other Entertainment shows.
- Organise transfers and transcriptions, collect and distribute production items, co-ordinate signing of release forms.
- Research and book locations arrange appropriate approvals and draft relevant documentation.
- Coordinate audience calls and facilities as per schedule.
- Coordinate logistics arrangements, including flights, taxis, car hire and parking, accommodation and travel allowance, etc.
- Assist with production research for the program.
- Audition and edit simple program material.
Curiosity, passion for music, an open ear and open mind are essential for this role. You’ll enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and will bring a ‘can do attitude’ with you with a highly organised approach, strong attention to detail and the ability to meet tight deadlines. You will also have:
- Experience working in social media, “On Air”, camera and sound equipment.
- Knowledge and practice of production resourcing, scheduling, budgets, copyright clearance, booking systems, safety requirements and their associated regulations.
- Deep knowledge of music, in particular Australian music – future, past and present.
- Ability to write smart, clear copy for the rage audience across platforms.
- Well-developed planning, communication and negotiation skills.
- Tech savvy mindset using various applications.
We’re a little video production team inside one of Australia’s biggest online retailers. You’re a creative student or recent graduate bursting with enthusiasm for animation and video producing!
We produce a lot of stuff. Some of it takes weeks of planning: writing and rewriting scripts, animating characters, scouting locations and talent, sourcing outside assets, managing studio time. Some of it is cheap ‘n’ fast. This is an awesome and career-defining opportunity for a media/animation student or a recent graduate to gain some hands-on experience in a commercial space.
Our job is to sell things by engaging an audience. We’re a very established business with a big, dedicated fan base.
- Experience in producing and animation
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, especially Premiere and AfterEffects
- 2D animation skills, including character animation
- Experience shooting video in both studio and location settings
- Ability to work to specific briefs, on tight deadlines
Situated at the very heart of Melbourne in Federation Square, ACMI explores the rapid evolution and astonishing creativity of the moving image with a vibrant, multilayered program of exhibitions, screenings, installations and commissions, festivals, and public, industry & education programs. ACMI is the most successful museum of its kind in the world. It plays a vital part in establishing Melbourne as a global cultural destination. In 2017/18, ACMI attracted 1.55 million visitors to its Federation Square site, and 454,200 visitors to its national and international exhibition touring program.
As we rapidly evolve towards a knowledge economy, ACMI presents its stories and objects in unique ways, spanning the conventions of traditional museums and reflecting the innovation and evolution of the moving image in our fast-moving world. We are embarking on a visionary $40m redevelopment that will transform the institution, overhauling our permanent exhibition, dramatically improving the visitor experience, integrating cutting-edge technology and expanding our education programs. ACMI’s Fed Square site is planned to close for the redevelopment from mid 2019.
As a result of an internal secondment, ACMI has a fantastic opportunity in our Brand & Marketing team to play a lead role in the development and implementation of creative and engaging content strategies across ACMI’s online and social media channels. This hands-on role will see you working collaboratively with stakeholders to execute content and manage ACMI’s online communities.
You will bring a depth of experience in managing multiple social media accounts and implementing communications strategies and campaigns. You will be a talented content writer and editor who is highly proficient in social media analytics and optimising social media advertising spend.
Energy literally powers the lives of people across Australia every single day. Not just that, energy is going through a revolution in the way it’s made, distributed and sold, with solar, batteries and new technologies together creating transformative opportunities. There’s never been a more exciting time to join Origin and help shape the future of energy.
At Origin, our ambition is to create the world’s leading digital energy experience by transforming the way customers digitally engage with and consume energy. At the centre of this transformation is Origin Digital – a team full of passionate people who are thinking outside-of-the-box to create an amazing work environment for our teams and a best-in-class experience for our customers. As we prepare for innovation and opportunities, we need great talent to join us on our exciting digital projects.
Origin is an amazing place to work. It’s a great size – big enough to have serious resources to invest, but small enough to not get lost in the crowd. We have flexible working arrangements and heaps of perks like table tennis, fresh fruit, office yoga, and the list goes on. Plus, we’re a leader in sustainability and health and safety.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a newly formed, cross-functional, dedicated digital optimisation team that leverage A/B testing to make data-driven design improvements. You’ll also be part of the wider UX and visual designer community at Origin, participating in design jams and pattern reviews! You’ll have a great variety of work – whether that means identifying a page, a flow or an experience that creates friction for the customer, creating engaging visuals in the form of a challenger design, and then measuring the results with data.
- Creating beautiful, useful, graceful and delightful experiences
- Iterating designs based on Conversion Rate Optimisation (CRO) test results
- Working closely with UX designers & applying design thinking to problem solving.
- Effectively communicate brand identity and related design specifications, including: GUI guidelines, screen layouts, colour palettes, typography & user interface elements
- Work closely with researchers and analytics specialist to gain insight into customer pain points
- Rapidly iterate, creating multiple design solutions
- Work alongside front-end developers to implement your designs to a high standard
- Collaborate with the team to pitch new A/B test concepts and iterations
This role would be well suited to an experienced design professional with strong exposure to Sketch and Adobe Creative Cloud products. We’re seeking a passionate candidate who works well as part of a team and thrive in a fast-paced environment!
- Extensive experience in a dedicated digital design role
- Expertise using the Adobe Creative Cloud product suite and wireframe/prototype tools
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to create pixel perfect designs
- Command of visual design capabilities including composition, visual hierarchy, typography, colour, animation and motion
- Responsive and mobile-first design experience
- Solid communications skills with the ability to present design solutions to stakeholders
- Ability to work across multiple projects simultaneously
- Evangelist and keen educator on all things experience design and design thinking