We called DJ Tigerlily, AKA Dara Hayes.
This is what we spoke about:
- 0:21 What she studied (hint: it wasn’t music) and how she learnt to DJ
- 2:36 Would she recommend Your Shot for others
- 3:20 The difference between a DJ and a music producer
- 4:30 How she became a signed artist and why you shouldn’t rush it
- 5:36 The role of a manager and how to find the right one
- 7:04 The difference between a manager and an agent
- 7:41 Is a personal brand important
- 9:16 Challenges of touring internationally
- 10:01 Career highlights and how she joined Tiesto’s tour
- 10:46 Hardest parts of her career and the industry
- 11:44 How to get started DJing
- 13:05 Things she wish she knew or would have done differently (her missing footnotes)
Like music but can’t produce anything good to save yourself? Maybe you should organise music festivals instead?