We spoke to musician, Ethan Conway.
What you’ll hear:
- 0:15 How Ethan chose music as a career
- 0:35 Studying music after high school
- 1:10 The audition process for music schools
- 1:49 The things you might learn in a Bachelor of Contemporary Music Performance
- 2:47 How someone should choose a music course
- 3:40 Should a musician study?
- 4:58 Pros and cons of learning at home e.g. on YouTube
- 6:13 How musicians can make money
- 7:14 Booking agencies
- 8:39 What Ethan’s goals are with music
- 9:29 How someone can motivate themselves with creative processes like songwriting
- 10:51 Record deals
- 12:13 The Voice and talent tv shows
- 13:03 Advice and what he would have done differently