Ahh farshun. A word of advice from one of the gatekeepers to the industry – a recruiter who places fashion hopefuls in internships and job placements.
What you’ll hear:
- 0:28 What the different options are in the industry
- 0:57 What are the most competitive, popular and opportunistic areas
- 2:03 How long should you expect to work for free
- 2:20 How long you should intern at a place for
- 2:56 Industry application advice and how to get started
- 3:55 Dos and Don’ts during your internship
- 4:28 Would she recommend studying fashion business
- 5:05 Is the industry about who you know – and what if you don’t know anyone
- 5:27 Industry misconceptions and the reality of industry internships
- 6:18 How do you move up to a paid position
- 6:56 What the industry is like overall
- 7:32 Where you start if you’re interested in the fashion industry
Keen on fashion? Hear from others in the industry.