Some cream of the crop jobs for your Monday – and remember, there are thousands (literally thousands) more like these on our job finder… which you can find HERE
Are you ready for the best intern experience ever? A fantastic opportunity for motivated 4th year Pharmacy Students seeking Internship opportunities with a fast growing pharmacy group. Internships will commence beginning of January 2020 for a 12 month period located in West Ryde.
As part of our pipeline program, the successful candidate will fast-track their career in community pharmacy with our internal Pharmacist Intern Training Program. You will receive individual attention and support from our Pharmacist Manager coupled with a robust mentoring model.
As you navigate your next step professionally, it’s important to have mentors that you can rely on who will help you navigate the community pharmacy work environment . This opportunity provides you with a built-in support system for interns and direct access to higher level executives. You will learn from highly motivated and dedicated professionals who have been working in the industry with an expert-level understanding of community pharmacy.
- Maintain dispensary stock levels and presentation
- Assist Pharmacist to process patient information
- Maintain dispensary information
- Receipt, unpack and check-off dispensary orders accurately
- Reconcile prescriptions in preparation for government claims
- Assist in government claims, preparation and processing of claims
- DDA scripts reconciliation
- Methadone program maintenance
- Webster packing, as required
- Active promotion and update of the Pharmacy Practice Incentive (PPI’s) programs such as clinical interventions, medication management services (medschecks and diabetes medschecks), health promotion, staged supply, Dose Administration Aids, scripts on file, SMS reminder service, etc., as directed by business owners and Pharmacist Manager
- Previous experience working in a Community Pharmacy (highly regarded, but not essential)
- Completed a Bachelor or Masters in Pharmacy
- Provisional registration from AHPRA for internship
- A strong interest or curiosity in community pharmacy
- A willingness to embrace and practice our values
- Eager and willing to add to your knowledge base and skills
- A desire to gain a deep understanding of exceptional customer service
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively in various mediums
- Ability to work in harmony with co-workers
- Technical competency supported by resilience and flexibility
We’re a relatively new distributor and marketer of health food products based in Bondi, co-founded by Biggest Loser trainer Libby Babet (@libbybabet). We help local and international brands (including our own two snack bar brands) build traction in the Australian market place, selling into health food stores, gyms, cafes, supermarkets, corporates canteens and more. We’ve been around for 3 years and have some great brands, revenue and customers but still consider ourselves a start-up.
We need someone to manage our existing customers and develop new business. You’ll be supported by a marketing specialist and a back office support team, and you’ll also have mentoring and support from our Managing Director who has been in the industry for over 10 years. You’ll ideally be based in our Bondi office but as you’ll be on the road a lot, we’d also consider you working from home some or even most days once you’re up and running.
- Manage existing accounts and increase the amount they spend with us (Australia wide)
- Win new accounts
- Organise in-store promotions, including recruiting and managing a product tasting team
- Work with retailers to help them sell more of our products (might including product training, etc)
- Help source new products from the US and other international markets
We’re primarily looking for someone who loves being in front of people and selling. You don’t need to have a background in selling health food products, but if you have an interest in the space or like to keep fit and healthy that’s a big plus. Maybe your background includes experience in a sales environment like telesales or recruitment and are excited at the prospect of having more flexibility and control over your day to day, selling products that you really believe in.
EHPlabs has pioneered and revolutionised social media and influencer marketing since 2012. EHPlabs’ key flagship product, OxyShred, gained viral notoriety for its mass demand, all generated through innovative social media marketing. Over the past 5 years, over 2 million people have experienced the positive impact of OxyShred, with the majority of these mega-fans discovering the brand through social media content and awareness marketing.
A sister brand of EHPlabs, Blessed Plant Protein, has a key focus on providing health and lifestyle nutrition products to the vegan, vegetarian, dairy-free, lactose-free and wholefood all natural markets.
We are also excited to be pioneering the health and fitness industry through technology and app development. We are constantly looking at more effective and meaningful ways of reaching our audiences, and technology development is our conduit for this.
We are looking for an experienced Fitness & Nutrition Content Specialist, with an interest in technology and marketing. Reporting to the Head of Innovation you will be responsible for:
- Writing fitness and nutrition content articles
- Experience with providing nutrition and meal planning advice
- Experience with fitness training and planning
- Management of freelance content creation team
- Review content effectiveness and reader engagement / uptake
- Reporting on content performance
- Review health food recipes, training plans, macro calculations and meal plans
- Qualified nutritionist with fitness trainer experience
- Experience in writing fitness training and/or meal plans
- Holistic health and fitness outlook
- Experience and understanding of supplements
- Experience in working with cross functional teams
- Experience in working with clients either face to face or online
- Experienced with Microsoft excel
- Social Media and fitness app savvy
Bupa has everything – growth, passion, results and a caring and supportive culture that surround a burning ambition and purpose that is the best in the world. This role would suit a recent graduate with 1-2 years of experience in a health and wellbeing role or related field. Bupa believes in hiring the best talent in the market.
We are known for our vibrant, high performing and incredibly rewarding workplace, and we take pride in creating exceptional and meaningful work experiences, encouraging innovation, delivering award winning benefits to our employees and being involved with our communities.
We have an opportunity for a Wellness Program Manager to join the team in Sydney for a 12 month fixed term maternity leave cover position. This is a full-time role with the potential to go permanent after the 12 months. The Wellness Program Manager is responsible for the coordination of industry leading health and wellbeing programs and services to Bupa’s corporate and university clients. Key to this role is the delivery of a superior level of service to Bupa’s clients, the development of professional relationships with key client stakeholders and the maximisation of employee and student engagement.
- Coordinate the delivery of health and wellbeing programs to your allocated Bupa corporate and university clients
- Deliver professional client relationship management and quality service, strive to exceed client satisfaction metrics, grow repeat/renewal business
- Ensure the implementation of the programs are focused on maximising engagement and positively influencing healthy behaviour change
- Implement strategies to enhance client and customer experiences
- Effectively manage health program data to deliver accurate, high quality reports
- Ensure you meet financial revenue targets and provide high quality and accurate operational records e.g. invoicing, revenue forecasting
- Contribute to the ongoing enhancement of our wellness proposition through the generation of process improvement suggestions and ideas for product innovation and development
- A degree in Health Promotion, Science or Allied Health (mandatory)
- Experience in health promotion, wellness program development/delivery (highly regarded)
- Experience in client account management or a B2B role (preferred)
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Proven time management skills
- High attention to detail is essential
The World is Our Laboratory: No matter where discovery takes place, IBM researchers push the boundaries of science, technology and business to make the world work better. IBM Research is a global community of forward-thinkers working towards a common goal: progress.
IBM Research – Australia is a vibrant community within IBM Research. The lab is primarily an industry solutions lab that focuses on conceiving, designing and building next generation systems that will transform healthcare and life sciences, resource management, emergency management and financial services.
IBM research is building the next generation cognitive assistant with advanced multi-media capability for early detection and management of diseases that can affect both the eyes and overall health of a person. We are building the image-guided informatics system that acts as a filter to extract the essential clinical information ophthalmologists need to know about a patient for diagnosis and treatment planning. This filtering employs sophisticated medical image processing, pattern recognition and machine learning techniques guided by advanced clinical knowledge. It also utilizes feature extraction and cognitive methods to automatically segment pathologies, classify image content and retrieve similar patient cases based on image features.
Currently we are looking for interns to start mid 2019 in a part time basis. The internship will involve analysis of the retinal image data (fundus, OCT, etc.), providing clinical knowledge and generation of novel ideas and insights for cognition on this type of data. The candidate will be required to build a clinical database of retinal disease, disseminate knowledge, contribute to patent ideas and publications, and help senior physicians participate in building the image representation database. The candidate will be required to create annotations and meta-data to facilitate training and validation of the algorithms. As interns, the candidate will be part of a research team and supervised by a research staff member.
The Baker Heart and Diabetes Institute is an independent, internationally renowned medical research facility, with a history spanning more than 93 years. The Institute’s work extends from the laboratory to wide-scale community studies with a focus on diagnosis, prevention and treatment of diabetes, cardiovascular disease and associated metabolic diseases.
The comprehensive range of research undertaken to target these deadly diseases, combined with the flexibility and innovation to respond to changing health and community needs, is unique and sets the Baker Institute apart from other health and research Institutes. The Institute’s mission is to reduce death and disability from cardiovascular disease, diabetes and related disorders; two prevalent and complex diseases responsible for the most deaths and the highest health costs in the world.
- Share responsibility for laboratory maintenance including administrative tasks such as data management (lab archive) and inventory maintenance.
- Aid other group members in developing improved techniques or procedures.
- Assure compliance with quality and safety programmes.
- Limited administrative functions, primarily concerned with own area of research.
- Proactive attendance at meetings associated with research.
- Academic knowledge of a health science discipline — such as public health, molecular biology, biochemistry, anatomy, pathology, or medical technology — plus the ability to translate, adapt and apply this knowledge that is generally associated with a Bachelor of Science with Honours in Physiology, Pharmacology or closely related discipline.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience.
- Can perform beginning level research in a health science field or discipline including research experience in animal work (mice), histology, flow cytometry, molecular biology and biochemical techniques (qPCR, Western Blot, ELISA).
- Experience in experimental procedures on laboratory adult mice including monitoring, handling, intraperitoneal injection, blood sampling, dissection and tissue collection.
- Proficiency in biological and molecular techniques in particular immunoblotting ELISA as well as measurement of gene expression (RNA isolation, RT and Q-PCR) and protein (Western blotting) in various types of samples.
- Experienced in performing immune-histological assays including sectioning (cryostat), slides preparing, staining, fluorescent microscopy as well as data analysis.
- Experienced in cell culture.
Austin Health is the major provider of tertiary health services, health professional education and research across 3 campuses in the northeast of Melbourne and state-wide. Austin Health is world-renowned for its research and specialist work in cancer, liver transplantation, spinal cord injuries, neurology, endocrinology, mental health and rehabilitation.
Applications are now open for enthusiastic medical practitioners to join Austin Health’s Medical Workforce as an intern in 2020.
- A commitment to high quality patient centred care.
- Embodiment of Austin Health’s values in all interactions with colleagues, patients and their families and all staff.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- An ability to prioritise and work within a team.