Some cream of the crop jobs for your Thursday- and remember, there are thousands (literally thousands) more like these on our job finder… which you can find HERE
This edition we’re looking at jobs that involve animals.
The Lost Dogs’ Home is one of the country’s largest animal welfare organisations, caring for more than 20,000 cats and dogs each year. We pride ourselves on employing qualified individuals who demonstrate a strong personal connection to animals, the community and the cause.
We are currently seeking two Fundraising Administration Assistants to join our team on full-time basis!
- Supporting Database Manager taking donor calls and maintaining relevant and current donor details
- Processing donor payments as required
- Supporting other Fundraising team members as required with tasks
- Supporting the team with general administrative assistance – taking messages, managing post, ordering stationery etc.
- Basic experience using database or CRM administration experience (Raiser’s Edge is desirable but not essential)
- Experience using basic Microsoft Office programs
- Experience liaising with donors and taking inbound stakeholder calls
Animals Australia works tirelessly to protect the most abused and defenceless animals in our society. Our award-winning national campaigns and unique investigative work have awakened millions to the suffering of animals in factory farms, the live animal export trade and the greyhound racing industry, while forcing unprecedented industry and government reform. Each victory for animals is underpinned by a strong and proactive supporter base.
Animals Australia is looking for a Creative Director to inspire our small but incredibly talented team of thinkers and doers to move mountains for animals. The team at Animals Australia are some of the most passionate you will meet, and they are the best at what they do, which means creative ideation is highly a collaborative process for us. You will be capable of leading and growing a passionate and high functioning creative team of design, video, social and digital experts. We are all about making an impact by pushing the boundaries of design and digital advocacy to achieve the greatest outcome for animals.
We produce most of our collateral in-house, which means you will use your in-depth knowledge of the creative process, proven prioritisation and planning skills to manage a wide range of projects from conception to completion. Since the start of this year we have built a highly interactive new recipe website, overhauled our print vegetarian starter kit, launched innovative digital platforms to inspire action for animals, produced nation-wide billboards, and much more.
Combining creativity, business understanding and strategic thinking, you will ensure high-quality creative output that supports our strategic objectives. Keeping on top of trends and best practice, you set out to lead a team to produce work on the cutting edge of digital advocacy. Your extensive experience, innovative thinking, and creative intelligence mean that you can direct creative vision, though you prefer collaborating with your team. As their manager and mentor, you will brainstorm with them, incorporate and build on the team’s ideas. You are as passionate about great concepts as you are about coaching your team and continually growing their ability.
When projects are underway, you use your demonstrated problem-solving skills and your ability to think innovatively to guide the team through the creative process and help them navigate roadblocks and uncertainty. You’ll also act as a sounding board for the team’s suggested process improvements and empower them to take increasing ownership of the creative process, turning the team into a well-oiled machine.
Things can get busy and where there is a need, you don’t mind jumping on the tools yourself. You still know the Adobe CC in your sleep and a solid understanding of copywriting and video-editing is also part of your repertoire.
Using your excellent communication skills and ability to speak the language of designers, developers, video-editors, social media experts and translate it for non-technical people, you support cross-team collaboration. Your stakeholder management skills and close collaboration with the campaigns and fundraising teams are paramount to ensuring our campaigns run smoothly.
We would love for you to have worked in an animal protection environment or in a related not-for-profit organisation and experience in creating social change campaigns. However, if that’s not you, but you think you’d be a good fit, we’d love to hear from you.
Last but not least, there’s your knowledge about who we are and what we do. You successfully demonstrate your true understanding and commitment to the objectives and values of Animals Australia.
We are a subsidiary of the Schwarz Group, the world’s fourth largest retailer. We are a grocery chain that is committed to providing our customers with a large selection of reasonably priced products and produce including major name-brands and our own range of ‘K-Classic’ products. We operate more than 1,280 stores in Germany, the Czech Republic, Poland, Bulgaria, Croatia, Romania, and Slovakia employing well over 150,000 employees.
Our culture supports people to be their authentic self. Our small local team faces a new challenge each day; no two days are the same. Be prepared to enter an environment that has a ‘start-up’ feeling and a team that supports each other professionally and socially. We support our staff with transparent communication and trust. We believe that when our people grow our Company grows.
We are searching for an enthusiastic Junior Buyer who will range and maintain our Pet category. You’ll be responsible for negotiating and building relationships with suppliers, contributing to the overall buying strategy and help contribute to our success!
- Forge strategic partnerships with suppliers
- Build successful ranges
- Manage the supply chain in your department
- Handle commercial samples
- Monitor and improve sales results
- At least 1 year of experience in a similar role
- Negotiation skills
- Strategic thinking and planning skills
- International and domestic travel flexibility (limited)
We are a business that prides itself on setting a high standard within the doggy daycare industry, and value our employees as a huge asset. We have a great, supportive team with varying experiences to learn from. Even better, hours are Monday to Friday, leaving weekends free for you!
We are looking for an enthusiastic, flexible person who is able to join the team in Brunswick, Fairfield or Kew location. The role will begin as a casual role, either open or close (beginning 7am or ending 6:30pm. All of our employees begin as casual staff and move into permanent positions as available. We can be flexible for the right candidate with days or shifts that fit within existing commitments. Must be available at short notice for at least 3 days per week.
- Reliable method of transport
- A stable work history
- Reliable and an excellent communicator
- Superior customer service skills
- Bubbly personality
- Experience working with groups of dogs
- Live near our centres as you may be called in to cover shifts!
Highly desirable: Qualification in Dog Training such as NDTF.
This is a modern facility with great opportunities for those wishing to pursue a career in the laboratory animal field.
The Trainee Animal Technician will undertake tasks associated with the care, husbandry and maintenance of genetically manipulated mice in the facility. Tasks include basic mouse husbandry, breeding, cleaning of cages and equipment and record keeping. Observational skills must be particularly attuned to the health and welfare of the animals under their care. Additional duties may be to assist researchers with basic techniques such as tissue removal.
The applicant should have completed (or be currently studying) the Diploma of Animal Technology or equivalent Diploma/Degree.
- Ensuring husbandry and animal health and welfare monitoring is carried out to the highest standard according to training protocols and SOP’s
- Ensuring breeding programs are established and maintained as per instructions
- Ensuring all records are kept up to date and accurate and that all communications are highly professional
- Experience would be an advantage but is not essential as training is provided. 3hrs/wk is provided for TAFE attendance as necessary
Are you super organised and able to organise us too? Do you like following procedures? Are you able to work autonomously? Are you proactive and able to keep things running in your absence? Do you love dogs and cats? If so, this could be the job for you!
We need a full-time administrative assistant for our 24-hour specialist and emergency veterinary clinic.
Sydney Veterinary Emergency & Specialists is a 1000m2 purpose built facility that has state of the art equipment which will allow us to provide the absolute best care to patients in conjunction with our exceptional staff.
- Assisting with the administrative side of internal projects
- Assisting the billings nurse
- Transporting animals (drivers licence is a must!)
- Communication with staff members what items are on back order and when items are due to arrive
- Monitoring Slack and emails to do with ordering for the hospital and personal orders
- Completing, scanning and filing of paperwork
- Liaising with other staff members and assisting in adhoc tasks requested of you
- Keeping the back of house running smoothly and being the organisational link between suppliers, stock and staff.
It’s essential that you are comfortable around dogs and cats. Previous experience working in a similar role or environment is desirable but is not required.
Rogue Royalty is looking for an amazing crew member to join their small but dynamic team. If you interested in grooming as a career you will be highly regarded.
Established in 2009, Rogue Royalty is a wholesale and retail business which services customers Australia wide, and is recognized as a provider of quality products and services in the canine industry. Our brand at heart is entrepreneurial based and as such we’re after a switched on can do professional
Our facilities are fully equipped. We have a strong team of friendly and committed members of the Rogue Family who are able to provide support to you. We are looking for a confident person with a go-getter attitude! You will have a strong customer service approach with notable dog handling and breed knowledge.
Your duties will also include:
- Booking and scheduling appointments for our salon services
- Assisting Dog Grooming as required
- Retail customer service
- Processing orders for our Raw food and online departments
- Stock Management
- Online social media marketing for all our departments
- Ad-hoc duties around the company for full growth development within the business
- Passionate about our brand and deliver exceptional customer service
- An animal lover!
- Time management and organisational skills
- Value quality workmanship and take in pride in your service you deliver
- Demonstrate initiative by continuously looking for more opportunities for not only you but our company to grow
- Show attention to detail and a high commitment and a duty of care to you, your clientele and your team.