This is a job posting for our sister site… www.thecareersdepartment.com. Sarah and I built the product that we wish that we’d have had in school and now it’s licensed by more than 500 schools nationally. Students use it in class to help them work out what they want to do after school. However, some of your work will working across The Footnotes too! (You may have noticed… we aren’t all that consistent on social media). Looking forward to hearing from you, Sam.
About The Careers Department:
The Careers Department is one of Australia’s fastest growing EdTech companies working with over 500 secondary schools nationally. Our success comes from creating innovative and engaging careers content.
To continue and drive our momentum, we are looking for an ambitious and creative person to join our team in a dynamic and hybrid Communications, Marketing and Content role. The position will entail working with the executive team in developing and implementing a range of marketing and promotional strategies for The Careers Department including advertising, promotional material, social media, digital marketing, events and special projects.
- This position is required to start as soon as possible
- Hours- 8.30am – 5.00pm
- 2-3 days per week
- May be placed within our Darlinghurst, Sydney office or remotely for the right person.
- Create new content from existing interview assets (written, graphic, and video formats)
- Create social media campaigns and manage a content calendar, ensuring all upcoming campaign and content requirements are inputted and maintained
- Create email campaigns and newsletters
- Write industry blog posts and press releases
- Update website information in a timely manner using a CMS
- Deliver timely reporting and analysis of communication and social media activities.
- Implement effective communication strategies that foster genuine and mutually beneficial relationships for our stakeholders – schools, parents, students, industry and tertiary institute partners.
- Maintain and grow the reach of the website and social media platforms to communicate and engage with students, parents, schools and other partners
- Use data analytics to evaluate community engagement and design new ways to engage with the community
The successful candidate will also possess the following skills and/or experience:
- Experience in a similar role
- Studying/studied a relevant qualification e.g. communications, marketing
- Interest in and experience with social media and content production
- Creative ability with Adobe Suite (Premiere Pro and Photoshop) to create professional imagery and videos
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Effective research, copywriting and editing skills
- An innovative, strategic and creative approach to marketing opportunities
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with key stakeholders
- High energy and results-oriented, always looking for improvements
Applications should include their CV and a cover letter:
You application should include:
- Why you are applying for the role
- Previous relevant work examples
- 3 sample posts that could be used on (Instagram and Facebook)
- Any examples of written work
Please send your resume through to: email@example.com with the subject line: Marketing and Content Executive