If ever there were an industry were to offer internships, it would be the public relations one. And here are our favourite ones for you.
And remember, there are thousands (literally thousands) more like these on our job finder… which you can find HERE
Are you looking to get some work experience behind you? Are you finding it difficult to find an internship placement? Ever thought of doing an internship at one of Australia’s largest Public Relations Agency? If you answered yes, then you have come to the right place. Ogilvy PR is offering internships to students looking to get some valuable and practical work experience. Whether it be Public Relations, Communications or Social Media we have it all under one roof!
Some of the benefits of the Ogilvy PR internships include:
- Working in a fun, energetic and creative office
- Exposure to some of the biggest brands
- Opportunity to attend our internal training
- Working alongside some of the best brains in the industry
- Food for thought – we offer a range of breads, spreads, sandwiches, cereals, chips, biscuits, nuts and fruits
- Friday drinks – After a busy week, we get together to chat and relax our way into the weekend
Portobello PR is a boutique fashion, beauty and lifestyle agency specialising in public relations, digital strategy and events. Director Charlie Boyce has experience in both local and international markets having over 15 years experience in PR across the UK and Australian markets.
- Portobello PR works across all areas of communications, brands alignments and publicity.
- We provide tailored PR strategies and services to meet individual brand requirements.
- We pride ourselves on working closely and effectively with in-house marketing teams and brand managers.
- Portobello PR has strong media relations with print, TV and online media
- We work extensively with the latest fashion and beauty bloggers and pride ourselves on our social media outreach.
We are looking for a passionate, eager and hard working intern to learn and help out in our Sydney showroom.
Swarovski Australia are currently looking for a PR + Communications Intern to support the wider PR + Communications team for a 3-6 month period.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity not to be missed! While working alongside a team of superstars you will gain invaluable workplace experience, get to play with sparkling, premium product and have ownership of the press and editorial showroom.
- Assisting media/influencers/stylists with all editorial requests on a day-to-day basis – Monitor send outs in media database and manage all call-backs and returns
- Assisting in managing the monthly PR editorial report – Monitor local editorial clippings and formalise report on a monthly basis.
- Assisting in the day-to-day management of the in-house PR Showroom – working alongside the PR Assistant, help maintain the running of the PR Showroom, including monitoring adequate stock levels, sample ordering and regular stocktakes
- Assisting with the management of external media relationships and PR databases – Greet media and guests during showroom visits, manage all PR requests and assist in the maintaining an updated media contact list.
- Monitor local social media on a daily basis and ensure all mentions are adequately reported.
- Assist the Marketing department in general tasks and housekeeping duties as required.
We are a young vibrant team with an exciting new fashion start-up. In addition to opening a cool store 18 months ago in Sydney’s Potts Point, we have recently launched online, so it’s the perfect time to join us!
We are looking for highly motivated and passionate Social Media & PR Intern to work with us to turn our big dreams into an even bigger reality!
In the role of Social Media & PR Intern, you will create, maintain and manage the day-today running of our social media accounts. Working closely with the business owner and our small team to plan and deliver compelling, on trend social media and video content across our social channels. Moreover you will develop our influencers’ strategy, by contacting and building relationships with relevant profiles and positively interacting with people in our community.
Your days will vary greatly, from one day to the next you could be working on a photoshoot, preparing flat-lays, creating video content, engaging with customers or seeking out influencers.
Could you do this? Read more.
Thrive PR + Communications is on the hunt for a hardworking and energetic public relations/communications intern in our Sydney office. Join us in working with some of the amazing brands across consumer, lifestyle, tech and homewares.
The successful applicants will be reliable, proactive and highly motivated. With strong administration and computer skills (mac), they must have a high attention to detail, be a good communicator and capable of working either autonomously or as part of a team. We expect the successful applicant to be up to date with news, current events, pop culture, and social media.
We are looking for a highly switched on, talented and passionate student to join our agency team based in, Sydney CBD. We are offering an internship to a current or post graduate student who has studied communications, loves events and is looking for a break into the workforce.
The agency only works with premium clients in hospitality, business, beauty/fragrance and travel! Yes, we have multiple projects and campaigns being executed every month that will keep you busy and expand your knowledge. We are looking for an intern to join our team for a 12 week term with a view to full time employment. You will gain valuable exposure across all of our clients, be involved in the execution of campaigns, work with all levels of staff in the office and gain a wealth of contacts and exposure within the industry.
Tailormaid Communications is a full-service fashion and beauty Public Relations agency with over ten years experience delivering results-driven and best in industry services to each of their clients. We offer internships to current or graduated students interested in developing a well-rounded understanding of PR, particularly with an interest in fashion and business.
- Currently studying or has studied Fashion Business, Communications, Marketing or a similar degree
- Knowledge of social media outlets, including Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest & Instagram
- Skillful in Microsoft Suite programs, Google Drive and Adobe
- Strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills
- Extremely organised
- Dedicated to working in Fashion or Beauty PR and have industry knowledge as well as knowledge of pop culture & celebrities
- Strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills, be highly organised and able to manage multiple tasks
- Knowledge of the Blogging / Instagram / Influencer community
US: We run a lifestyle network comprising
- The Plus Ones, a global entertainment media group showcasing amazing experiences to millions
- The Socialites, a global events and entertainment group creating amazing experiences
- Global Good, a non-profit publication showcasing ways people can have a positive impact on the planet
- Reached millions of millennials
- 90,000+ social media following across The Plus Ones and The Socialites
- 80,000+ newsletter subscribers
- Run 500+ events
- A team of 100+ freelance off-site writers painting Australia red for us
YOU: We’re looking for an ambitious, active, and switched-on intern keen to gain experience in the field, while painting the town red and helping make the world better.
We are a collective of creative and clever individuals whose talents come together in unexpected and exciting combinations. We are writers, musicians, designers, photographers, film-makers, bloggers, strategists, PR experts, community managers and more. At History, it’s all about attitude, enthusiasm and insights, and we deliver awesome work for our clients through the dedication and creativity of our people. The Role: This is an opportunity to gain hands-on experience at an award winning agency. You will develop a wide range of skills relevant to the realm of PR and social, working across:
We are a collective of creative and clever individuals whose talents come together in unexpected and exciting combinations. We are writers, musicians, designers, photographers, film-makers, bloggers, strategists, PR experts, community managers and more. At History, it’s all about attitude, enthusiasm and insights, and we deliver awesome work for our clients through the dedication and creativity of our people.
The Role: This is an opportunity to gain hands-on experience at an award winning agency. You will develop a wide range of skills relevant to the realm of PR and social, working across: