Welcome to The Footnotes Cash Chronicles.
I am studying a Bachelor of Commerce full-time at Sydney University. I am also currently working at my local pub.
$20,000 a year
Rent / living situation:
I live at home with my parents. My older sister still lives at home too. I am pretty lucky, I do not pay rent or contribute to groceries.
Here’s my spending:
- I try to go to the gym three to four times a week. I usually do, so I don’t really feel too guilty.
- I HATE buying textbooks. They seem like such a waste of money. But the economics subject I do uses textbook activities for tutorial work. Tutorial work is 20% of your total mark, so I really don’t have a choice.
- I like to go out on Wednesday nights around uni. I pre drink at one of my friend’s houses / college room haha.
- Really cheap drinks & no cabs!
- Sleep at my friends.
- Double shift = hell.
- $25 in tips isn’t bad though.
- I go to a cafe in Redfern. It’s really cute and cheap <3
- I can not believe I got a parking fine. Furious. FURIOUS.
- The two main blow out items this week were the parking fine (still furious about it) and the textbook (equally annoyed). I wanted to buy some clothes this weekend but it looks like I won’t be doing that.
If you want to submit your cash chronicles, get in contact: email@example.com