Welcome to The Footnotes Cash Chronicles.
Assistant Graphic Designer at a creative agency in Sydney.
$58,000 (including Super)
Rent / living situation:
I live in Redfern in the Inner City. I pay $220 a week in rent + bills. Bills probably add up to about $400 a year-ish.
Here’s my spending:
- I buy coffee every day and I am ashamed of and resigned to this fact.
- I had a client meeting in Broadway and popped into Kmart. The new kitchenware was too good to be true. Worth it.
- Also did my groceries for the week. Feeling on top of it all.
- I bought my lunch to work, didn’t snack, did pilates = my whole life is together.
- I have a budgetary-breaky-blow-out. I always feel guilty buying avocado toast. $11.70 spent before 9am… not good.
- A girl I work with wants to get a wine. She emails me wine GIFs at 3pm, and by 6pm… I am keen to join.
- It means I end up going back to the office after to finish the work I left earlier and then need to get a cab home because it’s late.
- NOTE: I don’t have UBER because I recently lost my key card and had to get a new one. I continued to use UBER during that period, and now owe UBER $35. I have been putting off using it.
- $12 steak night is definitely cheaper than cooking at home IF you don’t buy a glass of wine with it.
- I don’t cook red meat at home though, so not feeling TOO guilty.
- No comment.
- Actually… I spend TOO much money on food and drinks.
- Case in point… I spend enough money on food to open a cafe.
- If money and I were in a relationship on Facebook our status would be “It’s Complicated.”
If you want to submit your cash chronicles, get in contact: firstname.lastname@example.org